Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day

It's Christmas Day.... I'm not really into Christmas though. This year there were no decorations, no tree, and not many presents. My mom and I just buy presents for each other all year round.... and I tend to buy presents for myself while trying to shop for others. yeah, I know, I suck. But, whatever. So, this year, I got a Nikon D40X Digital SLR camera. Love it! Two years ago, I got wasted and lost my 6month old ($500) camera in Vegas. I don't drink anymore. Next I got a new MacBookPro. Both these gifts I got earlier this month.
Earlier this month I went shopping online and bought the brand new vegan cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero. I'll be making some of the recipes out of this for my birthday party in a week and a half. On this same shopping spree I bought a bag from FoodFight! Grocery that is made of recycled bottles and has a cute drawing... well I'll just show you later.
Today, I opened my presents from my mom though:

-Gilmore Girls Series boxset! That's Seasons 1-7! Holy crap I'm a nerd....
DSC_0146

-Nip/Tuck Seasons 1-3
DSC_0130


-Harry Potter Gift Box Set movies 1-5 with bookmarks, a disc of special features and trading cards.

DSC_0144

DSC_0145

DSC_0150


-The Joy of Vegan Baking
DSC_0123


-Art School Confidential
DSC_0131


-Veronica Mars (First Season)
DSC_0135


-Socks!
DSC_0025

-Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

DSC_0139


And my gifts to my mom were:
Two paintings done by me and framed and an awesome framer in Santa Clarita called Frame Connections... I think that's what they're called. We just drop off the prints and say use your best judgement. And they come up with amazing frames.

DSC_0148

DSC_0149

and a salad spinner and mushroom slicer.... I know, I'm weird and practical. She asked for these things, people.

Every year on this day, my mom gets up and makes coffee and breakfast for us. It's always been the same. An omelet, fake bacon, hashbrowns, toast and avocado. This year my mom made a slight change due to my new but not so new outlook on food. She made Scramble Tofu from the book Vegan with a Vengeance, Smart Bacon, cut up Avocado and tomatoes. Soooooooo good.


DSC_0112


DSC_0115

That's it for now. I'm heading off to Whitney's house for vegan twice baked potatoes, meatballs, greens, etc.

5 comments:

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Happy Holidays, cuteness! V-con is awesome, you'll love it. My birthday is coming up too; January 5th. When is yours?! xo.

Dawn said...

If being a nerd means I get the Gilmore Girls box set, count me in! I have season 1, but that's all so far.

JennyStench said...

Melisser: Mine is Jan. 7th. And my party is on the 5th! Too bad you wont be in town. Or will you? My friends' band is playing. I think I'm going to Pure Luck tonight with Jen.

Dawn: My mom and I still talk about Gilmore Girls and wonder what they're doing now... you know.... because they're real and all. haha... I want it to come back... like Family Guy and Futurama did.

Cody said...

I kind of wish Gilmore Girls was still on... I spent most of today watching the 7th season, one of my most-wanted Christmas gifts, completing my collection.

But, I was one of the ones very much against the possibility of an 8th season... or the TV movie that is apparently in talks. I just don't think any good can come of it.

JennyStench said...

I too was trying to complete my collection. Not only do I now own the box set, but I've got 1,2,3& 5. I was at the store seeing how much the box set was before xmas came.... $249 at Suncoast Video. That's crazy! Thankfully my mom just got a job at Warner Bros. and got it for freeeeee...... yay! I enjoy the perks of this job much more than when she worked at Sony Music.