Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Items for the New Year

I just posted some new items on the Laura & Jenny Etsy page. So here they are.



happing shopping. I don't know about you, but I hate taking pills for headaches or medicines for colds. So here's your alternative, vegans. Obviously not all vegans are into herbal remedies, but if you are, then these are perfect for you.

The Headache Handy's are made with Valerian Root, Chamomile, Basil, Cocoa Powder, Molasses, Peanut Butter and coated in a hard chocolate shell. Yum! So dee-lish. These ones are for adults only because of the Valerian Root. We also have ones with out it! Those are for children and sensative adults.

The marshmallow lozenges are for kids and adults! Like little bits of hard candy, these are great tasting and great for you! When you put them in your mouth you think, "yum! chocolate cough drops!" but then you realize that there's more flavor inside. The cocoa powder is just the coating to keep them from sticking together in the little box.

And speaking of boxes. All boxes should be re-used. They say they're for decorative purposes only, but since we line them with all natural, recyclable wax paper, they're okay. So if you can't think of what to use them for, here are some ideas:
For Kids: treasure box, micro machines, dress-up jewelry, little ninjas, homies or other small action figures. You could turn it in to a chair for Barbie, etc.
For Adults: If you're like me, you have a lot of chap stick all over the house, collect them all together and keep them in the box next to the door, now you'll never leave the house with out one! You could put a baby food jar in it and fill it with water and use it as a decorative vase. Put your jewelry in it. Keep your bobbins in it, so they don't roll all over the place in your sewing box. Etc.

Now lets talk about the jars if you buy salves or tinctures. We are offering you $2 off your next purchase if you send them back to us. Yes, that's right. If you've got no purpose for them after the stuff is all gone, we'll take them back if you want. Or you can try your hand at making your own remedies at home and re-use them. Either way, it's a great way to recycle.

Also, speaking of tinctures, we had two listed and they were bought up 3 days after listing them. I listed them at $6 each. Well, that was stupid. Laura had actually made these, and I didn't know what it took to make them. After reading about how to make them on my drive to a certain amusement park, I realized I should up the price. Well, by the time I could get to a computer and do that, they were gone. So when Laura gets back we'll have to discuss how much to charge.

We have Cold Sore Liniment, made from pomegranate rind and water, that is not listed yet. I'm trying to figure out how much to put in each bottle and where to get these said bottles. Also, I'd like to find someone to test this out on. I don't get cold sores and I can't think of who does. And it's a pretty weird question to ask someone, "Hey, do you get cold sores?" I don't know, just doesn't roll of the tongue well. Even though they're pretty common. So if you get them and you're local, let me know.

Ok, I think that's it for now. I need to go to the post office today. I hope it's open.... stupid new years eve. In case you didn't know. I hate new years. So I'll be spending it with Whitney and Moya sitting around watching movies.

No comments: