Wednesday, December 31, 2008

X-MAS!

I totally forgot to post about what I got for x-mas!!!

Okay, so I exchanged presents with my friend really early this year because we wouldn't be together for the holidays. So when I went out to Boston I gave him his gifts and he gave me mine. He did a pretty good job, I might say.

The first present I opened was pajamas. Red, Robots, Footsie pajamas. Yes, you read that right. You know the kind. The kind kids wear! So frickin' awesome!!! I also got all three seasons of Arrested Development! Love that show!! After that was a bag of goodies! Vegan items from the store LUSH. Patchouli perfume, patchouli body scrub, Vanilla Frosting cup cake lip balm, and some lotion.
We had a limit of $40 to spend on each other. He went over. Obviously. Jerk.
All my gifts to him were hand made, except for one. I got him the Jaws DVD, which he's watched too many times to count now, since Thanksgiving. I also made him a picture frame with pictures of Woody Guthrie around it, and he's got insomnia so I made him some medicine balls for it. It has feverfew, valerian root and some other herbs. They're pretty similar to the Headache Handys.

Oh! And he made me a red velvet cake in case he wouldn't see me on my birthday. It melted. How you melt a cake is puzzling to me... but he managed to do it. Guy needs to listen to someone who actually bakes quite a bit.

So on X-Mas day I went over to Whitney's parent's house. I do this every year. Desiree, her mom made lots of vegan options for me. Twice baked potatoes with vegan cheese, meatless meatballs, stuffing, and then of course the usual, collard greens and green beans. I was so full afterwards I couldn't stand it.
Our X-Mas was on a diet this year, so we kept it simple with the gifts. I got Whitney a DVD, Sideways. I know, weird. But she asked for it. And she got me a little take-out box filled with goodies. Tiny bottles of Balsamic Vinegrette, Oil, a candle, a tiny chocolate, soap, and something else. I can't remember right now. Anyway, cute gift. Her theme was "keep the party going."

I got my mom the Wicked Soundtrack and a Wizard of Oz figurine of the Tin Man. And I got Desiree a book about the Wizard of Oz.

Ok, now I must go take a shower. I'll post pictures later.

1 comment:

Alice said...

I can't believe you're moving to BOSTON!!!! Wow! That's going to be amazing. If you're ever in Vegas, you know how to find me. :)

P.S. Happy Upcoming (I think?) Birthday!