Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Few Updates For You...

Now that I start to type, I forgot what I wanted to update everyone on, so I'll start... oh I remember now.

A few weeks ago I posted a blog about a hunting club ordering buttons from me. Well, I finally decided I couldn't just donate the money, it would come off as me being spiteful and I didn't want to be a jerk. So I declined the order with this lovely email:

Dear ***,

I know I have not handled this well, and I apologize for that. I am still out of town. While in WA my grandfather passed away and I had to stay longer. And with all that happening everything else fell to the waste side, along with getting back to you. With that said, I've given it a lot of thought, and I'm sure you were confused by my last question. The reason I ask, was because I didn't want to jump to conclusions as to what these were for. I mean no disrespect to you or your organization, but I don't feel like I can go against my beliefs on this one. I would of course make buttons for you, just not an organization of hunters. I really wish I had replied to you sooner to tell you this, but with all this going on in my family, like I said, it got pushed aside so I could care for my family and mourn my grandfather's death.
I'm really sorry, and I mean to disrespect to you or your beliefs. I really hope you understand this. I cant stress it enough how sorry I am that I didn't handle this better. Feel free to use the artwork I re-did for you. And I'd love to recommend you to someone else in California. She's done buttons for people I know out there and she does t-shirts and stickers as well. You can visit her website at http://www.angrygirl.org/ They're in Tarzana, CA.
In regards to your check, I can mail it back or put it through the shredder. I have not cashed it. Just let me know what you'd like me to do.

Sincerely,
Jenny Stench

********************************

As a business letter, I think I handled this really well, other than taking too damn long to tell him all of this.

Here was his reply:

Hi Jenny,

Please mail the check back to me for accountabliity.

There are a lot of people in this world that enjoy the shooting sports. It is the shooters that contribute more money to animal conservation and preservation that any other group in the world. Take example ducks.........if it was not for Ducks Unlimited that purchased land and worked with the government to protect the breading grounds through the sales of duck stamps and ammunitions sales why we still have a duck population today.

Please............I do not want you to make the buttons for us and just want you to return the check.

********************************************

What a weird reply, don't you think? He didn't seem to really read my email or even care about what I was trying to get across to him.

1 comment:

JennyStench said...

how come no one has commented on this entry? has it been so long since I posted that people have forgotten about me? I think so...