Friday, January 23, 2009

Bread Making

Last night I made fresh bread. I used the recipe I talked about in previous posts. My friends have been making it so I've had it at there house several times. Enough times to know that mine tastes different than there's. What's up with that?

There are several things I'm doing differently. Firstly, I don't have a pizza stone. So I'm using a pizza pan. Secondly, I don't have cornmeal. So I'm using flour. And thirdly, the dough is not as wet as their's turns out. I did it exactly like the recipe.

Oh! And! It's rising like crazy! I think maybe I mixed it too much. Here are the step by step pictures. Other than me mixing the dough of course, because I had it all over my hands. I can't hold my camera like that!

DSC_1206

DSC_1204

DSC_1211

DSC_1215

DSC_1217

DSC_1221

DSC_1209

DSC_1207

So the last two pictures are from the first loaf I did. It rose like crazy also, but it doesn't show it in the pictures for some reason.

1 comment:

Felix and Jayne said...

i'm so excited to come across your blog. just today my boyfriend and i were talking about giving veganism a shot. we're both veggies but i think we're gonna take it to the next level. this bread looks so de-LISH! definitely gonna make some. any advice or good recipes?