Friday, January 16, 2009

"But I'm not going to sleep with you..."

Okay, so another funny thing happened at my party. There was this guy that showed up with the second band to play. He walked up to me and my friends, smoothly, and introduced himself. He already seemed a little drunk. An hour later, he introduced himself again to me. This time a little more drunk. After a conversation with a friend about how this is the guy that sits in the corner ready to pounce on any girl that looks at him. While I was walking in back into the house, I walked right by him and decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. It didn't work. He gave me a dirty look and walked away. I thought it was pretty funny though.

So as the evening progresses, this guy gets worse. He's making out with two girls all night. AND he thinks he's driving home at this point. No way. I'm not going to be responsible for that. So I made him stay. Which in turn I'm pretty sure gave him a bad idea of what was going to happen. So he slyly puts his arm around me and says something, I can't remember. But it made me say, "I'm not going to sleep with you though." He was totally taking aback from this statement. I think it was probably the first time anyone has said this to him.

Then, his band mate had been standing there for this moment and was also totally weirded out that I said that. I don't get why that's a weird thing to say. I didn't want him to think that by me saying he should stay was me telling him he should "stay". Get it?

So, my point is, what's wrong with being straight-forward?

3 comments:

Alice said...

There is absolutlely nothing wrong with being straightforward. Better you should say it at the beginning than have to awkwardly reject him as he's taking off his boxers and jumping into your bed.

Some guys just have no concept that you could possibly want him to stay over and not have crazy monkey sex with him all night. As though no human female could be so close and still resist his powers. In my experience, these are the worst kind of boys...

JennyStench said...

I agree!

Anonymous said...

In my experience when a girl says she is not going to sleep with you, you're getting laid within the hour.