Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hiking Adventures

I, Jenny Stench, went hiking today. I went hiking yesterday. AND I went hiking last Sunday. I love hiking. It's a new thing for me. Being all... what's the word... active! Well, I guess, not really.

I've gotta figure out the name of the trail we did today and yesterday. I can't seem to remember. So much fun! Yesterday's trail sucked ass though. What a rip off. Not that we paid any money to take this trail, but seriously a waste of time. It was a lot of shitty scenery and paved road along with man made dam's and way too many fucking people. Ok, granted, the waterfall at the end was gorgeous. But come on... couldn't they have left it alone on the way and made the whole thing more natural?? And what's up with all the frickin' houses?!? Tons of them on this trail. A few here and there is sweet. I'd live in one. But there was whole damn community up there!
UPDATE: I figured out which trail this was. It was the trail to Sturtevant Falls, although, I googled it and the description seems dead on, I could be wrong. I did not bring my camera so I don't have pictures of the beautiful waterfall. But, the link shows pictures of it.

So enough with the negativity, just wanted to warn all of you of this trail I can't remember the name of. Anyway, today's trail was beautiful. It was all up hill and on the way there were tons of patches of snow. Laura and I saw large paw prints in the snow. I mean large. No dog did that. And the view was breath taking. We could see the ocean. We were in the mountains behind La Canada. This trail was, I believe, off Mt Wilson/Red Box Rd.

Here are some photos from today's hike:


DSC_1145 copy
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses




DSC_1110 copy
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses




DSC_1106 copy
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses




DSC_1033 copy
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses




DSC_1018 copy
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses




DSC_1028 copy
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses




DSC_1145 copy
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses



Last Sunday, the day after my birthday party, we went for a hike up to Millard Falls. This was a really easy hike, but by far the most beautiful so far. There was a waterfall at the end of this one as well. So we say by it and ate our lunch and basked in it's beauty. Thank you nature.

Here are some photos from this hike:


DSC_0820
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses




DSC_0870
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses




DSC_0845
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses




DSC_0859
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses




DSC_0846
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses




DSC_0834
Originally uploaded by punkrockpurses

No comments: